Dinner Discussion Meetings are a programme of informal dinners organised by the Fellowship Committee to broaden the discussion of the role of Christian morals, ethics and life experiences, particularly business, charitable works, recreation and sport.
The format is a two-course meal and coffee, provided by MacKenzies of Colinton, followed by a short talk from a high profile speaker, with the opportunity for open discussion thereafter. A charge of £17 per person is made to cover the costs.
All events are held at 7.30pm for 7.45pm (except the Burns Supper) and are publicised up to 6 weeks in advance through the Church Magazine, website and Currie & Balerno News, so look out for the next event. The 2016/2017 programme is shown below:
- Wed 28 Sept – Chris Achenbach discusses Music Therapy – please obtain your tickets from Balerno Music Festival.
- Wed 26 Oct – Rhiannon Naismith of the National Trust for Scotland – Malleny House and Garden
- Wed 30 Nov – Dr Andrew Murray – Marathon Runner and Author (NB this is a new date)
- Wed 25 Jan – Burns Supper
- Wed 22 Feb – John Stirling – Friends of Pentlands
- Wed 22 March – The Most Reverend Leo Cushley – Archbishop and Metropolitan of St Andrews and Edinburgh